Do i need a real estate attorney?

Mattoon, IL |

My moms parents left their property to the kids theyve allowed the neediest siblings to stay there until its no longer needed then it keeps going on like that so far three different siblings have stayed there, but now that the recent sibling is in a nursin home and has been for over a year and her husband is not a blood relative and didnt pay last years taxes but my mom did can she evict him and if so how? they live in illinois.

Unless you are the owner of the property you are not the person who needs to hire an attorney. If your mother is on title to the property, then she needs to hire a lawyer who is experienced in eviction cases.

ok on the deed under her deceased brothers name it lists her as the in care of person now that she has paid the taxes,so does that mean she can evict with a proper eviction notice?

O and does he have any right to be there?

Generally on owner of a property (owner of record – see the deed) can evict a non-owner (tenant). Even is not rent was ever paid, the owner can evict the tenant (usually a 30-day notice is needs to be served first). I suggest your mom sees an attorney that practices real estate law in the area where the property is located. Good Luck.

It appears the siblings may have a partnership among themselves. If they do have a partnership then you may have to do an accounting, partnership, or dissolution of the partnership. Depending upon the agreement, the husband may be a partner. Contact an attorney and have a frank discussion with them.