Skip to main content

Do I need a personal injury lawyer?

Atlanta, GA |

In May, I moved into an apartment and the ceramic soap dish was broken. During walk through, I told the office representative and she marked it on the checklist. She told me the maintaince man would fix it. I went out of town for a week, thinking the soap dish would be fixed. I got back home and saw the soap dish was still broken. About two or three days later, I was taking a shower and the soap dish cut my leg. I had to got to the emergency room and received eleven staples. I alerted the property manager on the next day the office was open. I told her what happened and she assured me everything was going to be taken care of. I have been to the office everyday it is open, to ask about when someone would come fix my soap dish. I would always get the same answer.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Have the above lawyer in your state investigate


Immediately contact a local personal injury attorney - either one who responds to your question or another listed on AVVO

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


If your decision is to make a claim then yes, retain an experienced attorney ASAP to properly investigate, put the claim forward, and prevent you from making "statements" that could hurt the case. For example, there is a legal doctrine known as "open and obvious". Insurance attorneys point with glee to the fact that someone knew about an 'open and obvious' danger, failed to avoid it and therefore the property owner is off the hook. However, this doctrine, accepted, rejected or reworked in many jurisdictions, usually has more nuances, and will hold the property owner liable if an injury was foreseeable and they failed to correct it. One of many wrinkles that can make or break a case. Here's more: BLUE LINK BELOW

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


I handle these cases often. Their are quite a few issues to uncover but you should call someone for a consult. Let me know if I can help.


Yes, should hire a good PI lawyer or landlord/tenant lawyer.

This comment is general in nature and not intended for a particular situation. This comment does not constitute legal advice. This comment does not create a client-attorney relationship.


Sounds to me like you have a great case. I would contact an injury attorney immediately. We offer free consultations 404-845-7953

This Reply is intended to be helpful to the Asker and the Avvo Community, but it does not constitute legal advice and does not create any attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer