Skip to main content

Do I need a personal injury lawyer?

Sumter, SC |

My husband is a truck driver for a family owned company here in South Carolina and is required to leave his assigned truck at the owners property for truck repair every weekend. The exhaust has been seeping into the bed of this truck for the last 2 weeks and is steadily getting worse. His boss was notified of the problem when it was first noticed and his truck has not been fixed yet. Because of this he has been experiencing many symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning for the last week and has been very sick. Headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, agitation, drowsiness, etc. He had told his boss about his health conditions when he first noticed his symptoms but again nothing was done about it. His direct orders were business related only. Immediate hospitalization required!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Yes! This could be a workers comp claim and he would get 100% of medical coverage. Contact an experienced South Carolina workers comp attorney. The consultation is usually free, at least with me it is.

Ryan Montgomery


Consult a workers comp lawyer asap. You would hope that with family, they would be more concerned. Depending on your state law, there may be penalties for not providing a safe place to work. There could be laws relating to the maintenace of vehicles that are being violated.


This is a worker's comp. claim since he was injured at work. Your husband needs to report this ASAP and get the right medical care.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


I'm sorry to hear about this. Yes, it sounds like he has a viable workers comp claim, thus, retain a workers comp attorney in your state from Avvo. Hope he gets well.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


You need to make sure your husband obtains proper medical care immediately. He should contact a workers compensation attorney as soon as possible to review filing a compensationi claim.


This is a workers comp case. Hire an attorney to handle his case. Good luck!

The information in this website is provided as a general legal reference . The reader is advised to check for changes to current law and to consult with a qualified attorney on any legal issue. The use of this material does not create an attorney-client relationship with the Lovely Law Firm or any of its attorneys. When transmitting information over this website, you understand and agree that Lovely Law Firm will have no duty to keep confidential the information. Because the information posted on this website is prepared for a general audience, without investigation into the facts of each particular case, it is not legal advice: neither Lovely Law Firm or any of its attorneys has an attorney-client relationship with you. The thoughts and commentary about the law contained on this site is provided as a service to the community, and does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. While we endeavor to provide accurate information at this website, we cannot guarantee that the information provided here (or linked to from this site) is accurate, complete, or adequate. We provide this general legal information on an ‘as-is’ basis. We make no warranties and disclaim liability for damages resulting from its use. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, so nothing provided at this site, should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. Finally, using this website or sending email to the host does not create an attorney-client relationship. The material in this website may be considered advertising under applicable rules. If you need to speak to an attorney about your specific legal issue please call the Lovely Law Firm at 843-839-4111

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer