Skip to main content

Do I need a negligence lawyer for medical malpractice..???

San Antonio, TX |

I had to have a c section during the surgery the doctors didn't tell me my bladder had ruptured. They didn't let me know why this happened or how and I want to know how this happened if these doctors are so good and know what they are doing.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You need to consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney ASAP. Although your facts are not clear, a ruptured bladder is probably not a risk of a normal c-section.


There are a lot of unexpected things that can happen during surgery, most of which are not the result of medical negligence. That said, to know what happened in your case you it is best to start by asking the doctors. If you're not satisfied with their answers then speak with a local attorney immediately. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: All of Ms. Brown's responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.


A forum such as this is really very limited when it comes to any attorney being able to give you a substantive response. Medical malpractice cases are expensive to pursue, difficult to prove and highly technical in nature, since you need experts to establish what the standard of care is and that it was breached in some fashion. You need to have a medical malpractice attorney get the files and have them reviewed by a physician to determine if professional negligence occurred and if you have any recourse. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find one in your area. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. . That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.


If you feel you have a case against the doctor you need to contact an attorney that is experienced in medical malpractice cases. These cases are labor intensive and costly so you need to discuss with your attorney to see if economically feasible.


A local malpractice lawyer can order your medical records to investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee. Good luck.


Yes. Specifically, I think you need a San Antonio plaintiffs' lawyer who is certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. A link to the Board's website appears below.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer