Skip to main content

Do I need a medical malpractice lawyer?

Orlando, FL |

My boyfriend and I of 3 1/2 years just recently broke up. While together we were trying to conceive. I always thought it was something wrong with him since I had a child less than a year before we got together. He has been with a new girl for three months and I just found out last night that she is 8 weeks pregnant with his child. That got me thinking back to my c-section when they asked me if I was going to have a tubal afterward. I told them no, but now I am wondering if they did it anyway.. How do I find out if the tubal was performed?

I have my medical records and I have read through them. Some things I understand but some I don't because of the medical terminology. I don't see anything that says tubal ligation. I will make sure to follow up with my doctor.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


I would ask for a visit with your doctor or with a specialist. If your suspect is confirmed, then you can hire a medical malpractice attorney in your locality. Best.

This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the undisclosed individual asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of New York. Responses are based solely on New York Law unless stated otherwise. Pursuant to Internal Revenue Service guidance, be advised that any federal tax advice contained in this written or electronic communication is not intended or written to be used and it cannot be used by any person or entity for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service or any other U.S. Federal taxing authority or agency or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.


Make an appointment with your obstetrician and get a copy of your medical records from the hospital at which the C-section was performed and get a copy of your medical records from your obstetrician.

Of course, you could consult with a gynecologist about the question as well.If you were subjected to procedure without your consent, and if the matter were fraudulently hidden from you, the statute of limitations could be extended for up to seven years from the date of the surgery.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website


You need to get a copy of our medical records, mainly the operative report where every surgical procedure will be explained.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


You have the right to your medical records under HIPPA.


Get your medical records and make an appointment with a doctor to discuss.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Everybody above has the right idea - you need to get your medical records - which you have a right to under the HIPPA laws.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer