Skip to main content

Do I need a lawyer to file a Notice of Relocation in Florida?

Hollywood, FL |

I already filled out the document, can I just send it via certified mail?

+ Read More

Filed under: Family law
Attorney answers 1


If you are talking about seeking to relocate in a family law case, you are not required to be represented, but it is highly recommended. You can't just file a notice and move. You either need the other parent's written permission or you need to have an evidentiary hearing in court, and the court's do not favor such motions. If you are talking about something else, please specify.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******



Yes, that's the case. If the father agrees, would we still need a lawyer to draft the written permission or is that something we can handle ourselves? At this point I'm not sure he's going to agree, but I'm trying as hard as I can to avoid court.

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft


It's a better idea if a lawyer does it, but as long as you have it notarized you are probably ok. Sent from my MOTOROLA ATRIX™ HD on AT&T > >---------------------------------------- This email was sent by: Avvo, Inc. 1501 4th AveSuite 1900 Seattle, WA, 98101-1588, USA We respect your right to privacy - visit the following URL to view our policy. ( ) ----------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer