Skip to main content

Do I need a lawyer or Small Claims?

Woodstock, GA |

I went to a Nail Salon on 8/31/12 and the technician had the eyebrow wax up too high of heat and the wax ran down into my eye causing conjuctiva burn and conjuctival imflammation. I immediately went to the dr and he prescribed eye drops and cream. I the called the nail salon to inform them and they said it was an accident and they would pay for my doctor. Well, yesterday I had to go back to the dr twice because my eye was in a lot of pain and I am having sensitivity to light and now need to get prescribed sunglasses to see, the dr also changed my medication and is also stating I need to wear sunglasses inside. I went to the nail salon today to give them the dr note and now they do not want to pay for the dr because I had to go multiple times. I am also having a lot of anxiety and emotional distress from this event. I need help!!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


Find a local personal injury lawyer. See

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


Boy, do they have the nerve! Get yourself a local attorney to handle this for you. I hope for your sake that they have insurance coverage.

I will evaluate your case for free. I can also refer you to an attorney to help you if I cannot help you. Joyce J. Sweinberg, Esquire 215-752-3732 Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.


You will need a personal injury attorney. If I can assist, call anytime for a free consultation.

Sid Weinstein, Atlanta Accident Injury Attorney

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Law Office of Sidney Weinstein, pursuant to an executed fee agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Sidney Weinstein,, (404) 522-3108.


There is a good chance of recovering more than just medical bills but also lost wages, pain and suffering and potential punitive damages depending on the detailed facts. It would be very beneficial for you to get a lawyer ASAP.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you. Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


Not unusal for a party to accept responsibility and then refuse to pay. You need an attorney. If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to give our office a call @ 404-636-6616.


You need a personal injury attorney and he or she will help you decide which court to file your lawsuit in if you have to go that far.

Good luck!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


This isn't a matter for small claims court. You have a potential personal injury case of some consequence. We had one of these locally where the woman got a staph infection. They often don't use sanitary instruments or regulate the temperature appropriately. I am happy to talk with you about the case. Check out our website at, feel free to call us at 1-800-6-know-law or email us at What happened to you was WRONG and you need someone not only to fight for you, but prevent this happening to others.

Please CLICK the button if I HELPED or was BEST ANSWER. We also answer your questions on facebook-, on twitter- @athleticslawyer and our radio show, Courts & Sports, on WOKV. Please like or follow us. No attorney-client relationship is established and responses here are general first impressions. You should consult with a lawyer about your problems. More about our firm is located at


As the attorneys above state, it would be good to contact an attorney and seek answers to what damages you are entitled to recover.

Good luck.

This response is for general information only, no attorney client privilege has been established by this communication.


You should contact a personal injury lawyer and get help as soon as possible. This is not a case that should be filed in small claims court as it seems your damages could exceed $15,000 which is the most you could recover in that type of court. You should also see an ophthalmologist or neuro-ophthalmologist. You could have permanent cornea or light sensitivity problems, but that will have to be determined by a physician who specializes in these type injuries. In Georgia, you have two years to file a lawsuit against the negligent technician and the business who employed them.