Skip to main content

Do I need a lawyer I was in a wreck not at fault I was not insured but the other person car was?

Cincinnati, OH |

I was in a car wreck in Cincinnati. I had NO insurance and the other driver did have insurance. The other driver ran the red light and there were witnesses as well as the other person admitting fault to officers. There is minimal car damage but my hand was broken during the wreck.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You do not technically "need" a lawyer to handle this matter, but in my experience having a lawyer is the best course of action. Because you have no insurance, your recovery in the case is entirely dependent on proving the other party's fault. That might seem simple, however it never is in this business. A lawyer can properly lock in witnesses statements before the insurance company gets involved and sways the witnesses their way. A lawyer can get vital information from the witnesses to prevent them from disappearing as witnesses often do. Regardless of the damage to your vehicle, it sounds as though you have legitimate injuries. However, insurance companies love to use the lack of significant property damage as an excuse not to pay fair value on claims. For these reasons, I think having a personal injury lawyer is in your best interest. Give us a call if you are in need of assistance. We handle case anywhere in the state of Ohio. Best wishes.


A local personal injury lawyer should be retained, yes


Yes.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You need to retain a lawyer to maximize your recovery. Good luck!


You should consult with an experienced Ohio personal injury attorney. Even in relatiely minor collisions, there can be serious injuries. There are many important issues with which an experienced Ohio injury attorney can assist you. Generally, these cases are taken on a contingent fee basis, which means you would not be required to pay any upfront fees. Best wishes.


My experience of representing injured people for over 17 years tells me that you should hire an attorney that specializes in personal injury immediately. This is exactly the type of case that a well reputable attorney can make a real difference for you. We, like many others, will conduct an initial evaluation at no charge, and will only charge a fee if we are formally hired, and are successful on your behalf. It should cost you nothing up front. Make sure you are following up with your doctor as ordered, complying with all treatment, and are letting the doctor(s) know all of your complaints in detail. Be sure to ask what you can do to help yourself get better. You can ask for me directly if you wish. 1-800-355-6446.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer