Do i need a lawyer for disorderly conduct drugs?

Atlanta, GA |

I was arrested and my citation reads DOC Drugs (meth). I didnt have the drugs at all.It was in a locked glovebox in a car. Only thing in my possesion was about 3000 - 3500 cash. I dont have a criminal record at all.. I believe my cousin claimed it. It was 5grams of meth. He is 16. And the union city police took my money.. Both me and the driver got DOC drugs (meth) in the ticket. they released my cousin. no ticket no charge nothing.. So why wont the police give me back my money and do i need a lawyer with me??

Yes you need a lawyer with you in any legal matter. Normally when there is a drug involved the police may seize the money. You want to wait until you appear in court or the case is concluded before you get your money back.

Good luck

Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC
Hassan Elkhalil
www.greencardusa.com
(770) 612-3499

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not creat attroney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with an immigration lawyer.

why a inmigration lawyer for?

If you want any chance of ever seeing that money again, you absolutely need an attorney. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. I would be happy to help.
Regards,
M. Jason Rhoades

Any way that i cann see you monmday or tuesday? you can reach me at 404 953 9313

Michael Jason Rhoades

Michael Jason Rhoades

Yes, we can meet on Monday or Tuesday. Please email me at jason@rhoadesandmiller.com so we can discuss. I am away from my phone, but can check email.

Yes you need a local lawyer to help you deal with this. It is important to get on this early as well to see where you are with regard to claiming that money...please do not wait.