Skip to main content

Do I need a lawyer

Jamesburg, NJ |

I sent a text message to my ex from a gay website there were no picture or any threatening words. I did a stupid thing and now I am afraid that there will be serious consequences. He has a no contact order that has not been followed except for this stupid thing I did he has fed harassment charges against me and I have to go to court for this one text message. What could happen to me. I have a clean record.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hell hath no fury. Retain a local criminal lawyer to fight it.

Raymond Andrew Grimes

Raymond Andrew Grimes


I could not have said it better myself Christian!!! I love your posts my friend and agree with them. Short, sweet and right to the point!!!


Violating a restraining order is a third degree crime. It can carry 3-5 years. If you have no prior record, you could get 3-5 years probation.


I agree with my colleagues. Seek an experienced criminal defense attorney asap. Many attorneys, such as myself, offer free 30 minute consultations. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer