Skip to main content

Do I need a lawyer?

Philadelphia, PA |

I made an agreement with my landlord to pay all back rent owed when I received my income tax I paid the whole thing yet still got letters to go to court. I called about the letters and my landlord told me not to worry about them. I got a final notice saying if I don't go I'm going to be entered in default. I called and the municipal court told me to come. What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to have a real estate lawyer review what you signed and what the lease says. You should always have an attorney when you go to court.


Yes, you should attend the hearing to explain that the rent is now current. It would be best if you had a lawyer, but not absolutely necessary.

Please remember to mark this answer as “Helpful” or “Best Answer” if appropriate. Thank you.

Good Luck.


Marshall Chriswell

Law Offices of Marshall D. Chriswell
714 Philadelphia St., Suite 200
Indiana, PA 15701
(888) 438-5977
(724) 465-5826


Marshall D. Chriswell is a civil practitioner with offices in Indiana and Clearfield Counties. Mr. Chriswell's practice emphasizes Wills & Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate, Family Law, and general civil disputes.


Mr. Chriswell provides free initial consultations, and will gladly meet clients in their homes upon request, including on the evenings or weekends.

This communication does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, feel free to contact our offices.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer