Skip to main content

Do I need a Lawyer? Should I close or change my account? Should I fight for my kids? what to say or not be saying to her?

Schaumburg, IL |

My wife wants to separate/divorce just because she does not feel anything for me anymore,we have 3 kids,she has recently open her own savings/checking account and also has credit cards which i am not part of,I notice she has direct withdraw set from our account to pay them,she plans to move soon to her mothers and take kids,i am trying to work things out with her to avoid dispute and avoid affecting kids,she only says that she does not know yet what steps she is taking but i will be notify when she decides,not sure what her intentions are,i have been looking to move to an apartment close to her mothers just to be there for the kids as much as i can.she does not work,i am the only provider, she has a lawsuit pending for a medical malpractice case,she is trying to get disability (denied 2).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes you are right you need a Lawyer


The sooner you secure legal representation, the better off you will be. You have many issues here and they are too complex to discuss in this simple online forum. There are many great family law practitioners in your area. Just because your wife says she is taking the kids does not mean she will be allowed to do so. Please speak to several and hire the one you like the best.


You better go in and consult with a local divorce attorney ASAP. If she has no job or income how did she open accounts and credit cards?

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer