Skip to main content

Do I need a immigration lawyer?

Sicklerville, NJ |

My dad filed a I130 petition for my brother in the Philippines year 2004. My dad was still a green card holder back then. However, my dad became an American citizen few months ago this year (2012) . Was wondering if we need to see a lawyer about this or just wait for the process? What can we do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

There is no requirement to work with a lawyer, but based on what you are saying here I think that you should seriously consider at least consulting with a lawyer.

Myron R. Morales, Attorney
Morales PLLC


You already asked this and the answer is/was yes.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Any way this question is presented, the answer is still yes.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


Your brother will have moved preference categories and depending on his age might even have an immediately available visa. You should contact an attorney for assistance sooner rather than later because a change in his age might set his case back.

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney before taking any action.


Your father must contact USCIS and let them know that he is now a citizen as this will change your brother's visa category and result in faster processing of his case. We can assist you with this process. Call me at (732) 780-3090 to schedule a convenient time to come in and discuss your case. Thank you