Skip to main content

Do I need a defamation or civil litigation attorney or a different type of attorney?

Virginia |

How does one sue the department a psychiatrist worked for- if the client has seen a written copy that is filled with defamation and libel from the psychiatrist? Also when the psychiatrist never even had a conversation with the client just had the client fill out a question and answer form to make a decision.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Any licensed attorney in Virginia can file a lawsuit. However, in your case, it might be medical malpractice if the doctor was treating you or as you say it might be defamation in which case any attorney specializing in civil litigation might be a good choice.


Most civil litigation attorneys would be familiar with the elements of defamation in Virginia.

Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer