Skip to main content

Do I need a criminal defense lawyer

Savannah, GA |

I was shopping in Kmart and got distracted and put some makeup in my purse and got arrested for shop lifting it is my first offence

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Yes.... You are charged with a crime and have an arrest record. You need an attorney to help you protect your interest. Hire one sooner rather than later.....

P Darrell Kimbrell

The information is provided for general purposes only and should not be relied upon. You are advised to consult with an attorney of your choosing, who can advise you on the particular facts and options in your case. No attorney-client relationship is intended or formed absent you executing a signed fee agreement. P. Darrell Kimbrell is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. Information provided is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice nor does such response create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.


Yes. An attorney can help you avoid a conviction. Don't go into court alone.


Yes, a lawyer can likely help you get this dismissed and get the arrest expunged from your record. The short term cost of hiring a lawyer will be much less than the long term cost of representing yourself. If you cannot afford a lawyer, remember that you are entitled to one and should therefore request a public defender.


Yes. Hire the best lawyer you can afford, and follow his/her advice. Quickly.

Answers to questions on this web site are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Unless you and Troy W. Marsh, Jr. have signed a written contract, Troy W. Marsh, Jr. is not your attorney, and you are not his client.


Yes you need an attorney. If this incident happened in Chatham County, you may be eligible for a per trial diversion program. Inwould be happy to discuss your case with you.

This answer is not intended to be legal advice. This answer is general in nature and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you wish to create an attorney-client relationship you should contact an attorney and formally discuss the specifics of your case.

Mark J. Issa

Mark J. Issa


I think he meant Pre Trial Diversion and you should definitely contact a local attorney in Savannah. Start with Mr. Jarrett who has replied here.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer