Skip to main content

Do I need a Car accident/Car Insurance lawyer?

Orlando, FL |

Someone has filed a claim with their Car Insurance company stating I "cut them off the road, causing them to hit a curb & resulting in damage to the car. They also went to the hopspital according to their Insurance rep. They took a picture of my car & license plate at a light. I was not involved in any kind of accident the person is claiming. As far as I know they have to witnesses either. Do they have a valid case/claim? Do I need to call my insurance?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Notify your Insurance Co. ASAP.follow upo with copies of any letters , names , contact numbers, if the other side filled out an accident report, etc. Get a claim number, the the name of the adjustor assigned.This is why you buy insurance ; to defend you if accused of an accident , whether you think valid or not.
I don't understand the other ins. co. "rep" contacting you. DO NOT GIVE ANY STATEMENTS TO ANYONE EXCEPT YOUR OWN INSURANCE COMPANY.


I completely agree with the prior answer, and can't stress enough that you need to call your insurance company and not give any statements or talk to "the other side" until you do. If you need a lawyer, your insurance company will have to provide one for you, so work with the company.

No attorney-client relationship is intended by this answer.


Turn the claim to your own insurance company and never talk to anyone except your lawyer or your own insurance company There is a lot of stress during and around the time of an accident and often clients mistakenly give statements to the other insurance company because the reps never identify themselves properly. In this instance, do not worry and let your insurance company handle this claim. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


You MUST notify your insurer immediately. Do not delay. Follow the other advice provided above as well. if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me free of charge!
Best regards,

Robert E. Fenster

Robert E. Fenster, P.A.
118 West Orange Street
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
F: (407) 865-5706
C: (407) 491-6973
O: (407) 865-5705

*Personal Injury *Wrongful Death *
*Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents *
*Insurance Claims * Disability Claims *

*Board Certified Circuit Civil Mediator*
“Don’t Litigate- Mediate!”

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer