Skip to main content

Do i legally continue have to pay child support when my daughter goes to college,at the age of 18, she is a resident of CA?

San Diego, CA |

I have paid child support and have no court order, myself and her mother have a written argeement/verbal argreement. When she turns 18 next year and graduates high school, Am I legally responsbile to pay child support threw her college years.?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Probably not. While you did not offer a lot of facts, generally a child support obligation ends at majority (18) or highschool graduation (whichever is later).

At this point, do not sign anything or agree to anything without the help of an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer