Skip to main content

Do I hire a lawyer from the city I live in to appear in a different counties court or should be from the same county?

Wichita, KS |

I have to a appear in court for a speeding violation at another city which is a couple of hours away from my home town.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The choice is certainly yours, however if you hire an attorney who will then have to travel a long distance you should expect to pay for his travel time. It is possible the attorney from your town may be able to handle the matter by telephone or mail. You will need to talk with a local attorney to find out.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.