Skip to main content

Do I hire a "Emotional Personal Injury" attorney for psychiatric distress?

San Diego, CA |

I was terrorized at my S.R.O. from June-Sept. via upteen break in's, vandalism's and death threat's. Most of this was due to the fact that there were NO locks on my apt. door twice for week's at a time as well as one particular neighbor who not only had a professional "key-kit" which she she consistently bragged that she could get into any door she wanted...and them some. I have police report's that were never taken seriously until I decided to write up grievence report's against these "police officer's." At that time Sheriff Kash Duty, #744 not only took my complint but now is my new acquaintance, disgusted with the treatment I received and not really happy with no lock's on my door. The Housing Commission is Floored. I have Video.Audio evidence that is EXTREMELY damaging and other's!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


The term S.R.O. has many meanings, and it is not clear what you mean by it here. If you are referring to a Single Room Occupancy, then I do not see how this question falls into the Employment practice area. it sounds like you need an attorney who is well versed in landlord/tenant law. I would suggest you re-post this in that practice area where you will have a much larger pool of attorneys well versed in the rights of a tenant.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.


I agree with attorney Pederson that you probably need to talk to an attorney who handles landlord tenant issues. Good luck.


What you're describing is a personal injury case where the injury is an emotional component. You can hire any personal injury lawyer, but I suggest you look for someone with experience in cases involving intentional infliction of emotional distress and/or negligent infliction of emotional distress. You are also looking for a lawyer who was handled landlord tenant cases where the landlord's conduct breached duties of habitability, rights of privacy all leading to personal injuries. Use the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool. Since you present unique facts, it may take some patience on your part to find the right lawyer. Good luck.


Best to have a local personal injury lawyer investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated attorney with a low contingency fee. Good luck.


I think you need a tenant's rights attorney. All the best.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison


I concur- landlord/tenant law attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer