Do i have to talk to the police about a crime i witness if i said something in the past?

Richmond, VA |

I dont want to b invovled because im fearing my life,the police want to use me as a witness and i dont want to b invovled with it,because if im goin to b a witness they shouldnt have put my personal wereabouts online for the public to see if its a investagation,and i need to know if i can file a lawsuit aganist who did it.

Best Answer

You never have to talk to the police. They only way you can be forced to talk about something you witnessed is if you are a subpeoned to court as a witness. If that happens you can hire an attoreny to make a motion to quash the subpeona inorder to convince a judge to withdraw the subpeona.

Luke J Nichols
Spectrum Legal Defense
(703) 383-9222
www.spectrum-legal.com

You should contact an attorney. To answer your main question. The police cannot force you to talk to them that being said you may be served with a court subpoena in the future which is a court order that you cannot ignore.