Skip to main content

Do I have to submit to a drug test for cps after they investigated my home and found all allegations untrue.

Las Vegas, NV |

They told me I did not have to, but I can't find any info on it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If they ask you to do a drug test, they will supply you with the info. to get it done. If they do not feel a test is needed (likely if they found all allegations untrue), then you are clear. Follow up with the department to find out who your caseworker is, and then follow up with him/her to make sure there is nothing further they need from you and the "complaint" has been deemed unsubstantiated/closed.

Responses are for general information purposes only, and are based on the extremely limited facts given. A consultation with an attorney experienced in the area of law(s) indicated in the question is highly recommended. Information and advice given here should not be relied upon for any final action or decision, as the information is limited by its nature to the question asked and the fact(s) presented in that question. THIS RESPONSE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP, particularly considering that the names of the parties are unknown.



They told me that there were not any allegations that appeared to be true, then handed me the drug test paperwork. There were two of them and when one left the room, the other said I did not have to and there was nothing they could do.

Jill K. Whitbeck

Jill K. Whitbeck


Get the test done. NEVER trust anything CPS tells you that is not put in writing. I can assure you that what the second person said to you never made it into their reports . . . only the fact you were asked to test was reported and your failure to comply will be deemed a "dirty" test.

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about child custody law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer