Skip to main content

Do I have to send I-102 replacing I94 card because its lost when applying for Green card?

Garwood, NJ |

I am about to send my package to apply for a green card and went to the consultation with an attorney, my i94 has been lost and she said its necessary to replace it and theres no other option because USCIS can ask forits copy anytime and I have to have original on the interview. Should I do that? Plus my visa has expired already what should I write inthe application form in the field of current status and its expuration. Thank for your answers.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

No, an I-102 will not be necessary if you have a date certain entry stamp on your passport.

Current status: "out of status."

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with the attorney to the extent that it is advisable to seek a replacement of the I-94.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


There are local policies, and it depends on the office. Many CIS offices will accept the visa and passport stamp as proof of admission.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


A stamp in the passport may be sufficient, if you have that. An i94 is definitely good. Either way, adjusting status is complicated, as you can tell, and using a lawyer is a good way to make sure you are not overlooking any other potential pitfalls.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer