Do I have to request that the court calculate my ex's income with tax credits?

Orlando, FL |

When going for a modification on child support, do I have to specifically ask for the tax credits to be included in her income? The first time we went I did not ask, but they did it automatically. I want to make sure I do not need to ask this time.

Best Answer

You need to be prepared to put on every piece of evidence that you want admitted for the judge to consider. Don't bank on getting any favors from anybody.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

Who is preparing the Child Support Guidelines?

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445

I am assuming the court. I was not aware that I was supposed to be doing it. Should I submit this before court?

If she is lying about her income, how would I fill this out before court?

Carin Manders Constantine

Carin Manders Constantine

You need to submit your own.

If it is not calculated then yes -- but who are you requesting calculate the child support guidelines? Are you going to a court hearing? Is it a DOR case, do you have an attorney?

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

I am going to a hearing. I do not have an attorney, but the other party does. It is a DOR case but we are going to establish a permanent time-sharing schedule.