Skip to main content

Do i have to pay in cash $220 if i have a joint affidavit of support?

Clarksville, TN |

my husband is filing for my green card and i was recently told by a lawyer aid that besides the ($1070,and $420) that i have to put in money orders for the forms..i need an additional $220 IN CASH because i have a joint affidavit of this true and where do i pay this fee

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

No sepearate government fee for the affidavit of support where it is filed with the application for adjustment of status ($1070 fee). There is an affidavit of support government filing fee where the person will be applying for an immigrant visa application at the consulate abroad.

Ari Sauer
The Immigration Answer Man
Siskind Susser Law Firm
1028 Oakhaven Rd
Memphis, TN 38119
(901) 682-6455

Disclaimer: The information here is for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon without first consulting with an experienced immigration law attorney. The information given may not apply to your individual situation. Immigration laws, regulation and procedure change frequently. This information should not be relied upon as legal advice without first consulting with an immigration lawyer and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Please note that this site is open to the public and any information posted by readers can be viewed by government officials. Ari Sauer is licensed to practice by the states of NY & NJ only and limits his practice to immigration law. Neither NY, NJ or TN offer certification as an Immigration Specialist. This is an advertisement.


I agree with my colleague.


I agree with my colleague, Ari Sauer...

Response to this question does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship with the person requesting such information.