Skip to main content

Do I have to pay child support after my child turns 18 years?

West Palm Beach, FL |

My ex claims that Florida Statute 7433.07(2) stipulates I must pay the court mandated child support until he graduates high school even after his 18th birthday. To me, it seems the statute only states that the court may choose to make such a requirement.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you have been court ordered to pay child support then you must continue to do so until the order is modified. If your child is still in high school and it is reasonable that he/she will graduate prior to age 19 and the child turns 18 years old while still enrolled then YES you must continue to pay child support.

If you have further questions or concerns, contact The Divorce Center at 800-469-3486 for a FREE consultation

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer