Do I have to pay back Social Security Disability if I tag an award from an insurance Company in California

Paso Robles, CA |

I have a stress case where my irritable bowel caused me to fall - get a concussion , swelling of the neck causing constriction of the spinal column - Loss of consciousness for hours - and 4 more episodes due to stress on the job ( which I can prove on paper ) . The insurance co for the defense did not agree it was the hosp . fault . I received SS disability form CA and Unemployment . Now the Insurance co wants to settle out of court . Do I have to pay back the SIDS and / or Unemployment benefits ? At what rate / percentage ?

Yes, you will most likely have to pay back any funds received from these agencies out of your settlement proceeds. Your lawyer will attempt to negotiate and pay a sum less than what the agency paid out. Yet, the agency has the power as most settlement checks from insurance companies will list these agencies on the check meaning the check cannot be deposited until the agency signs the check.

Marcus W. Morales, Esq.
Law Offices of Marcus William Morales
115 W. Mission St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
(805) 845-5405
Santa Barbara Lawyer
www.marcusmoraleslaw.com

All content posted on marcusmoraleslaw.com and avvo.com is for educational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. Any information conveyed to marcusmoraleslaw.com, avvo.com or by telephone to the Law Offices of Marcus W. Morales does not create an attorney-client relationship until an attorney-client fee agreement has been entered into and signed by both parties.

Yes, you will likely have to pay a lien amount from any settlement you receive. You should consult an attorney who can negotiate this amount for you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Your lawyer should be able to negotiate the lien down.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com