Skip to main content

Do I have to pay a judgement that I did not know about and then discover the payee die 2 months after it was done back in 2008?

Lewisville, TX |

Somehow it got attached to my house that was in a Living Trust and was found by the title company.

+ Read More

Filed under: Trusts Living trust
Attorney answers 2


Possibly not. The living trust may be able to quiet title, separately. Additionally you may be able to make a filing that could dispute the judgment.

The above statements are provided as general information and not intended as legal advice. Each matter has its own set of unique circumstances that cannot be adequately addressed without consultation. You are strongly advised to hire an attorney licensed to practice law in your state to represent you.


Talk to an attorney - with all relevant documents. Possibly no. But, you may be entitled to setting the judgment aside. An attorney with all the information will be better able to advise you.