Skip to main content

Do I have to include my husbands income into the child support modification paperwork?

Phoenix, AZ |

I'm a mother of two children, I have a 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl. My husband is not the biological father of my son. I recently received the modification paperwork from child support and they are asking me for my monthly income. Now, I'm going to be a full time student, I'm not employed, and I obviously don't pay any bills. So, my question is, do I put my husbands income as my income since we're married or do I just keep the info about myself and my son??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes. That is income that you have access to and can use towards paying support.

DISCLAIMER This answer is general information only. The information presented should not be construed as formal legal advice, nor as the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. I am an Arizona attorney and can only really speak to Arizona law. Please consult an attorney in your state for specific answers. Please refer to's terms and conditions.


Your new spouse's income won't be included in the child support calculation. You may have to provide it on the Affidavit of Financial Information, but it won't be included on the actual child support worksheet.

This post is general information about divorce and family law in Arizona, and is not legal advice. Divorce is a complex process, and taking legal action without the one-on-one professional advice of a lawyer can produce unexpected results.