Skip to main content

Do I have to go to the hearing for a civil harassment order request?

Los Angeles, CA |

If I request an order for civil harassment, and a hearing is schedule, do I have to go or can I withdraw the paperwork for the order?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should be able to withdraw it if you are the moving party. Call the court clerk to notify the court and they should be able to tell you what needs to be done, if anything.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.