Skip to main content

Do I have any recourse for false arrest on 12/24/2009

Lancaster, CA |

I was accused of theft. I was then stopped, detained and charged with battery

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This makes no sense. Arrested for theft; charged with battery? Duh... Anyway the time to sue the arresting agency (if you had a case which you don't) has long passed.


No. The statutes of limitation has already passed in which to bring any type of action for something that happened in 2009.


The time has passed. Is there a reason you're thinking of this now, over 3 years later?


Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
t: 323.803.4352 | f: 323.617.3838
Sunset Law Building | 1295 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA | 90027


Very unlikely.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer