Skip to main content

Do i have any legal right to my husbands comp settlement

Cortland, NY |
Attorney answers 1


To the extent that a workers compensation settlement is a personal injury award, the answer is that you have no right to it since it is his separate property. You should consult with an attorney about this because you still may have a right to temporary maintenance or spousal support.

Anthony Buono, Esq.
Valatie, NY

The information offered at this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding your individual situation. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer