Skip to main content

Do I have a wrongful termination case if I was falsely accused by my aid of corporal punishment so she could get my job?

Tallahassee, FL |

Director didn’t perform fair and full investigation because she had already determined to write me up before asking me any questions. She refused to let me see the complaints or give specifics so I could defend myself. I did deny what was on the write ups but she had me sign them anyway with no other follow up. She failed to give me the opportunity to get union representation before disciplinary action. Suspended on Fri came back to work on Mon & Tues until 10:00 went home for sick family. I told Tues to go to the district on Wed. They wanted me to sign a notice of termination dated for Mon. I pointed out the incorrect date and they said I wasn’t there Tues to sign. I didn’t get the paper work until later Wed because it wasn’t ready and I wasn’t give adequate time to prepare a rebuttal.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I'd hire an attorney. False statements where you lose your employment maybe result in recovery via suit.

I am licensed attorney who focuses on Serious DUI Cases such a 2nd DUIs, 3rd DUIs, 4th DUIs, and Felony DUIs and DMV hearings. I also have much experience handling car accident cases. Although the information I provide is helpful, it is not legal advice. If your case is in California or Washington, you can call me for specific legal advice on your case free of charge. Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers. Do NOT include any direct solicitations or contact information.


Not enough facts disclosed here to properly evaluate the merits of your case.

My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained. Please click "helpful" or "best answer" if my answer added any value or add a "comment" if you have more info for me to help you get a better answer.


Florida is a right to work state. It is very difficult to prevail in a wrongful termination case. Many facts are missing from your question. The size of your company, how long you worked there, is there an employee manual, do you have a contract, etc. You will need to consult with an employment attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer