Do i have a right to speak to the police who arrested me for false report and explain this evidence ive found.

Lakewood, CA |

Ive been arrested last aug 2012 for false report. I have a lawyer working still on my case. Do i have a right to go to the police and explain this fake text messages that my ex gf showed to the police and i got arrested her friend lied supported her that i crteated my injuries. I cannot afford to move forward fighting this case. Do you think the police will believe me if i explain to them how this fake txt messages does to ruined someones good life. I have clean criminal record not after this. Now its ruined. And im thinking about my future im 37 years old and had a job right now. Im so stressed everytime i think about my case. I never commited this crime and never lied to the cop. Can i used my ex gf prior felony for fraud for my case? What are my chances? Thanks

Let your lawyer do his job. Your speaking to police. Could complicate things.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

You have a lawyer, use your lawyer. Working independently of your lawyer may land you in jail.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

You have a lawyer. Talk to him/her about this. Your lawyer knows you, knows the facts and knows the possible outcomes better than anyone here would.

Reliance on any information in this website is at the sole risk of the user and the user understands that he or she should consult with an attorney before taking a course of action based upon information contained in this website. The information on this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.