Skip to main content

Do i have a medical negligence and or a person injury case against a hospital? Theres not enough space for more details.

Philadelphia, PA |

I had twins n kept telling my doctors i couldn't breathe. i slept on a chair for the last 8 weeks cuz i couldn't lie on my back or side. They kept telling me it was the weight of the twin. I was so swollen with water. the girls were delivered emergency c-section. the 3rd day i had to have 2 units of blood. We'll i must of dozed off n woke up to a room full of nurses n doctors. my lungs were crackling. my oxygen went from a 10 to a 4. they opened a picket line n gave me lasik 2 start 2 flush the water out of my body. i was taken to have an emergency mri which showed that my lungs were filled wit water. I then saw a cardiologist n had ultra sound on my heart n legs. wit the medicine i lost over 40lbs in 2 days. my doc didn't listen n i almost died becuz he wouldn't listen to me. Help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6

Best Answer

This is a complicated issue which really cannot be answsered with a short summary. My strong suggestion is you contact a personal injury lawyer in who specializes in malpractices claims. The attorney can tlak to you in depth and review the records and give you an informed opinion.

Scott Cooper


Unless you or your babies suffered from some permanent injury as a result of this experience, it is unlikely that you have a basis for a malpractice claim. In order to prove medical malpractice you must show a departure from accepted medical practice resulting in an injury. Such cases require a huge investment in time and money and are always undertaken on contingency. Therefore they are not practical for lawyers to take unless the potential award is very substantial.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.


All medical negligence claims require a close review of the related records, together with the client's statement of facts and usually consultation with a physician, before a reasoned opinion can be given as to whether there was sub-standard care and if the care caused harm. The nature and extent of the related injuries and damages will also be seriously considered by the reviewing attorney in deciding whether pursuing the claim makes sense. Not enough is known from your paragraph to provide an opinion.


Hope the twins are OK. What you are describin makes it difficult to determine whether there is a potential case. I can tell you that you do need a permanent disability in order to justify the expense in pursuing a medical negligence case - and it sounds like inb the end things did turn around for you. However I do recomend that you talk to an experienced lawyer in this area as soon as possible to evalute the situation.


Congratulations on the birth of twins and i am sorry to hear that such a happy occasion has been marred by a potential medical error. In order to evaluate a claim of medical negligence, your records will need to be reviewed by one or more medical experts. Before that, however, additional facts must be presented to an experienced medical malpractice lawyer.


I agree with the other responses. No one can give a valid opinion on whether you have a case based upon a few paragraphs. I would suggest making an appointment with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer. I assume you are from Philadelphia area and there are a lot of good medical malpractice lawyers in Philadelphia. Find one that will listen to you; agree to give you a free initial consultation; and if the case merits it, the attorney will advance all the costs on your behall.
Medical malpractice cases are usually handled on a contingency basis. That means the attorney will take a percentage of the recovery, if there is a recovery, but you don't owe him/her anything. if there is no recovery

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer