Skip to main content

Do I have a medical malpractice case for failure to act promptly on a knee injury?

Shafer, MN |

Had a workers comp accident (MN), bucket handle tear of medial meniscus of the left knee. Dr M ordered MRI (in WI) & left for vacation next day and said he would call with results. He left a message about "some findings" and call later. 6 wks ltr, go to his office and told to contact surgeon. Got readings only after complaint from regular Dr. Reg Dr said this is an emergent condition requiring immediate surgery. At consult (in MN), who was not given films by Dr M (as promised), repeated need for immediate surgery. Surgeon also believes there is now a ACL torn in same knee (not reported on original MRI). Waiting new MRI and surgery. How do I proceed if there is a case?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


A local malpractice lawyer can order your medical records to investigate.


You should consult a local medical malpractice attorney to review your records and advise you accordingly.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Hello. I recommend that you immediately confer with a Minnesota licensed private attorney of your choosing. regarding this matter. In my many years of experience, the sooner you seek attorney counsel, the more positive the outcome is likely to be. All the best.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer