Skip to main content

Do I have a malpractice suite?

Harbor City, CA |

I was diagnosed with PTSD/depression 3yrs ago from dr in St. Louis only took 2 prescribed drugs and was doing better. 6 months ago I moved to South Bay and went to SB mental health. The Dr wasn't listening to what I was saying and was prescribing me numerous meds for schizophrenia and mixing meds that was causing me to hallucinate plus multiple anxiety attacks .she had switched / added more meds even after telling the case worker what was happening . The case worker and my new dr I recently got both agreed I was miss diagnosed. My last script of meds she increased without me knowing and where not what the bottle said so wrong medication. I got so extremely depressed and wreck less and currently still trying to even myself out . I have no actual mental dr now at this point. What can I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


No one responding to your post can answer your question. Only a thorough review of your file and medical records by an experienced malpractice attorney, as well as possibly a review of your records by an expert physician and/or psychotherapist, can yield an informed answer. You should consult a lawyer. Good luck.

This response is for information purpose only and does not constitute a legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Malpractice is very difficult to prove, however, you should consult a malpractice attorney in your area, they usually offer free consultation and may even take your case on a contingency.


I don't think any lawyer can competently advise you on the merits of a malpractice claim based on this much information. You need to meet with a malpractice attorney (most on AVVO provide free consultations) and provide them with all of the information so they can make an informed recommendation.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.


More information is needed to evaluate, such as what your damages are. Contact one of the above lawyers in your state to discuss in detail.


To answer your question, an experienced medical malpractice attorney would need to gather and review all of the relevant medical records, even then it is more likily than not that a review of the records by an expert would be necessary before being able to advise you of what course of action you can take and whether or not you have a lawsuit