Skip to main content

Do I have a malpractice suit because I cannot walk on my foot in a normal way and I am in discomfort 24/7 with no relief.

Philadelphia, PA |

I had foot surgery in December 2007. bone spur, hammer toe, bunnon removal. From that time up until now I have been seeking treatment for my foot. In March 2010, I was told to have an ultra sound and cordizone. With my meeting with the doctor who performed the ultra sound, I learned that nothing could be done to by foot. He told me he could not give me an injection because it was not "bone" related. He also told me my problem was due to the nerves in my foot and he had no clue what, if anything my doctor could do for me. I have a 24/7 burning & iching sensation in my foot and without warning shooting pain in the toe. These feelings were known by my doctor well before the ultra sound appointment was taken (at least a year of knowledge).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Whilei it doesn't sound like your doctor did anything wrong, you can speak to a medical malpractice attorney and see if he/she did anything out of the ordinary or differently than any other similar doctor would have done in a similar circumstance. If not, then you don't have a case. If he departed from the normal community standard of care, then you do have a case.

If the lawyer will take the case on, then you likely have a legitimate case. Otherwise, he/she won't take the case in the first place.

Good luck. with your foot.


You need to prove 2 things to have a valid Medical Malpractice case. First an injury and second that the doctor violated the Standard of Care which means that the doctor treated you in an improper manner which caused the injury. To evaluated whether you have a case an experienced attorney needs to review your medical records and have them reviewed by a doctor to see if the Standard of Care was violated.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer