My 10-year old female pug went to a local university vet hospital, due to a recommendation from my local vet. The registered vet there who examined her was horrible, masking her fake interest with a capitalistic motivation (in my mind and that of my other half). The diagnosis, while likely accurate, was septic shock (blood poisoning), etc. While already having had to pay several hundred dollars, late at night, we were encouraged to leave her with them, which would require a $1750 down-payment - this would have taken a week or so. We were told if we took her home (to research), and care for her until we had a day to check options, she would likely die a horrible death. She (our girl) didn't. The emotional anguish was horrible as we had no other option but to take her home. Do we have a caseThe registered vet at the hospital suggested that we euthanize our dog, and even as we left with her, said that she (the vet) would be there for 3-more hours, in case we decided to go that route. While we paid them about $700 for the visit, and IV fluids, they wanted to run a series of tests and expected 50% of the estimated cost in order to begin them. This was at 9 PM at night, and neither my other half or I had away to collect/access funds in such a short time frame.
Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.