Skip to main content

Do I have a harassment case ?

Boonville, IN |
Attorney answers 4


Report the criminal conduct to the police, and report it to your employer.


It is difficult to answer your question because you do not indicate the basis for the harassment. If his/their conduct is based on your religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, a physical disability, then you should be reporting that conduct to your employer, in order for the employer to stop that conduct and if that doesn't happen, you could have a possible employment discrimination claim. AS for the property damage issue, sue them in small claims court (depending on the value of the damage caused).


Call the police and file a complaint. if these people caused damages to your possessions or to yourself, you certainly are free to sue them civilly as well.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You should immediately report the vandalism and the violence to your employer. There are rules that your employer must follow but usually if there is any violence towards another employee, hard discipline up to and including termination would follow. Make sure you don’t behave the same as they are behaving towards you otherwise you will also be disciplined. You haven’t provided enough information to determine harassment but if there is harassment then the employer has a duty to prevent such harassment from occurring otherwise you may have a claim against them. Take photos of the vandalism and then report it to your immediate supervisor. If you see no response in a day or so, then you may need to push this matter to a higher level by reporting it in writing to your supervisor’s boss and/or the HR department.