Skip to main content

Do I have a good chance at getting custody of my daughter if her mother is pregnant and living with a convicted child sex off.?

Chicago, IL |

he was convicted in Minnesota in 1994 and no longer has to register. My daughter is 11 his victim was under 13.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


That argument can be used but may not go far if the man is no longer required to register and the conviction was nearly 20 years ago. However, there are other factors to take into consideration and you really must discuss your case in detail with an experienced child custody attorney rather than relying on any answer you might rercieve here. We simply do not have sufficient information to provide you and "odds." Consult with several lawyers and hire the one you like the best.


You have every right to be concerned about your child's welfare. Although your believe your ex is living with a convicted sex offender who doesn't need to register, I would highly encourage you to seek out a capable family law attorney who can represent you. Understanding your concerns about your daughter's well-being is key to moving forward and taking the right steps, which means hiring an attorney. Good luck!

When I answer your question on Avvo, it DOES NOT establish an attorney/client relationship between us; however, if you're interested in discussing your individual situation, please feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you.


If you are so concerned you need to do more than ask a hypothetical question in an online forum. Take action to protect your daughter be seeking child custody attorneys to consult with and retain to represent you. Nobody can help you unless you take the steps necessary to help yourself. Get off the interned and seek action.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer