Do I have a chance to drop charges?

Lancaster, PA |

Guy from work needed a ride to Walmart to buy some gift for his kids and he purchased the items with a stolen credit card. Cameras show I'm with him but I had no idea until the cops called me in to the station. As we leave Walmart he tells me to hold the stuff at my house so his kids won't find it. So I do so and the cops give me a call and ask me to come to the station. I do so no problem and tell the cop actually what happened. Cop then allowed me to drive home with him behind me and took the stuff from the house with my permission to go in and get it.

I'm inferring from your question that you have been charged as a conspirator. You must retain an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately. He or she will be your advocate and attempt to have the charges dismissed at the preliminary hearing . Hopefully, your coworker will come forward and will take responsibility.

I have not been charged yet its in process.

Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

Meet with an attorney before speaking with the police.

I completely agree with Mr. Keller. Get an attorney as soon as possible to defend your case. Do not speak to anyone else about the facts of the case until the criminal matter is resolved.

I am also unsure from your question whether you have been charged on not. If you have you need to hire counsel at once. This would illustrste why talking with police and letting them into your house is not a good play.

I don't really know what your questions is but i assume it is whether or not you may be arrested. The police may feel they don't have enough evidence against you to arrest you., especially if the guy from work gives them the same story. On the other hand, the police may still arrest you, just based on the circumstantial evidence that you were with someone who stole merchandise and the merchandise was found in your home. There is no guarantee the police will not arrest you. Say your prayers.