Skip to main content

Do i have a case in suing Verizon for false advertisement .

Griffin, GA |

ok well i went online and ordered service threw Verizon web page, i completed the order process including giving my ssn and my debit card number and got a conformation email stating that my order would be shipped in 2 days.i then went on Verizon chat with one of there employees and was told that my order was complete and that my phones would arrive in 2 days and that i would not have a deposit for the phone lines, so to sum it up i have two things in writing from Verizon saying i have no deposit and now they do not want to honor that telling me that the person that told me i didn't have a deposit didn't have the authority to tell me that. is this not false advertisement what can i do legally

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I'm confused. You say you did all this online and on the phone and say you have all this in writing.

If you do, make a formal complaint with the FTC and the Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau. Then attempt to cancel per whatever short grace period is in the contract (follow those instructions exactly). Verizon, along with ATT, both have horrible ratings for customer service so don't expect help from the customer no-service people that answer the phone.

You likely CANNOT sue (Verizon uses language to waive your right to sue), but you can vote with your feet and head to the Sprint store once you settle things.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you. Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.