Do I have a case I got a botched tummy tuck from a dentist who claims to be board certified by a board that's not recognized....

Lake Stevens, WA |

by the board of American Plastic surgery. He is board certified by the American board of cosmetic surgery which is some type of trade organization where these md's pay a fee and another board certified ( fake board) doctor will teach you "costmetic" surgery for a year and then away they go giving anyone and every one who' s willing to pay and go under the knife for surgery they pay big money for only to end up with below the standard of care. This is illegal in Florida but not talked about enough in Seattle or other states. I am looking for an attorney who is willing to hear my case. I do have damage but I am not comfortable talking about it over the internet.

Is this a serious question? A tummy tuck by a dentist would be illegal, it's not part of the practice of dentistry. There are good medical malpractice lawyers in your state. Talk to some. Telephone consultations are generally free.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

No this is true! This is happening all over the United states. There have been many articles on this as well as talk shows like Katie has also had a topic about it on one of her shows.

A dentist? Use the AVVO "Find a Lawyer" function to find an attorney.

I agree with my colleagues, use the avvo find a lawyer feature and speak to a medical malpractice attorney in your area, best of luck.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Jonathan D. Marx and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney

I am not fond of plastic surgery cases, because a lot of juries figure if you mess with mother nature, you risk a bad result. But, if your facts are correct, your case could have enormous jury appeal, assuming you have damages as described. You should not have a difficult time finding a malpractice attorney in your area, if a dentist is really performing plastic surgery. I know in my State, ENT's were doing facelifts and eye's, and had some serious issues. Good luck to you.

Have a local lawyer investigate

There were a number of cases here in Washington a few years ago where dentists were doing other plastic surgery procedures, including facelifts and breast implants. The results were bad for most patients and many of the doctors had claims made against them. Chances are if your dentist did that to you, there are others who have suffered the same fate.

These cases are not simple, and the cost to pursue a claim can be very high. Contact a firm that has a history of success with medical malpractice cases. Most of us will consult initially for no fee and will usually only take a fee if we recover compensation for you.

Contact a lawyer that seems like he or she would be a good fit for your case, and don't hesitate to call and ask for help.

This response does not constitute representation or the formation of the attorney/client relationship.

I prefer a dentist to clean the gunk off my teeth only

He was a dentist a few years back. I had no idea.... till after he did my surgery he poses as a board certified plastic surgeon.... most people dont know that there is a difference in board certifications. His so called board is the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery which doesnt exist well it exists just a madebup board that's not recognized by the ABMS. Live and learn I guess.

Generally speaking, any party who caused injury to a patient as a result of professional negligence or wrongdoing may be held liable for medical malpractice. General physicians, surgeons, anesthesiologists, emergency care professionals, nurses, private hospitals, and government institutions may be held responsible for patient injuries caused by medical malpractice.

There are two categories of damages that may be recovered: Economic and Non-Economic. Economic damages are usually objective losses, like medical expenses, lost income, lost or diminished earning capacity, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Non-Economic damages are subjective losses, like pain, suffering, disability, disfigurement and loss of enjoyment of life.

If you or a loved one has suffered injury and loss at the hands of a medical professional or institution, speaking with a qualified attorney is the best way to protect and maximize your legal interests. Due to statutes of limitations, it is important to speak with an experienced medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. A lawyer can speak with you about your case to determine the ideal course of action. This legal expert will evaluate every detail of your case to ensure no detail is overlooked when determining liability for your losses and suffering.

Any accident and legal information provided by Davis Law Group to non-clients is for general information purposes only. It is not a substitute for legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created or maintained without a signed written agreement between the client and the law firm.