Skip to main content

Do I file a modification of child support and termination of spousal support together? Or as separate motions?

West Sacramento, CA |

I was married for three years, filed within weeks of separation for divorce and have been in court ever since re: child custody.

I have been paying temporary spousal support now for more than two years and extraordinary child support as my wife refuses to work. She is ivy league educated, ex AF pilot and unemployed for 5+ years now.

Recently she went back to school through the VA-- they pay her housing and schooling, yet she does not count this as income on her FL-150.

I want to try and bring this to light and know I need to file a motion-- but don't know if they should be separate or filed as one motion.

Also, not having her actualy income, can I simply attached the website printouts from the VA and hope the judge asks for clarification from her?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can file both in the same OSC but you should subpoena the records regarding her income first. You will probably need help from an attorney on this one.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer