Skip to main content

Do I, an individual, need a Litigation Attorney to sue for damages from a national non-profit community advocate organization?

Matthews, NC |

Do I have a case against a national non-profit company that has caused me to lose my home and be forced to leave my home state to live with relatives. In addition this company drafted Agreements and conducted business for me in such a way that we were co-defendants in a lawsuit by a contractor charging me with breech of contract and the company with fraud, supplying false information and unfair and deceptive trade practices. The contractor prevailed in Court so that I also have a huge judgement against me. An individual at this company is still calling me to give me "advice". Can I launch a lawsuit against them? What type of attorney should I seek?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Your question presents a serious issue with a very vague description of the underlying facts. You definitely need an attorney. I would say the type of attorney should be a commercial, business litigator. If money were no object, I'd say go to a big law firm in the closest large city in your area. If money is a concern, see if a commercial litigation firm will take the case on a contingent fee basis. Steer clear of injury lawyers; even though they are litigators, because they don't have the mindset or experience to deal your issues. I will also say, your question does not present enough facts to say anything else. If you want help, be prepared to bring all documents with you, relevant to your question. You don't say what kind of contract you were accused of breaching. You don't say anything about the type of relationship you had with the non-profit company. You don't even say how it caused you to leave your home.
In short, I have no idea what you are talking about, but a commercial litigator is the type of lawyer you want.

This answer is not intended to be legal advice in a lawyer/client relationship. Misunderstanding of the answer or use of the answer for any illegal purpose is not the responsibility of the writer. The answer to any question in the Avvo website is constrained by the limited content of the question, an incomplete description of the facts underlying the question or a wrongful motivation for the question.


I agree with attorney Dion.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.


It is impossible to tell you whether you "have a case" from the facts you posted. But a commercial litigator may be your best choice. Unfortunately, it may be hard to find someone to take your case, if you have one, on a contingent fee. Good luck.

This answer is intended as general information and not as specific legal advice. If you want to have a free consultation with me, please contact me through AVVO.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer