Skip to main content

Do forms FL-396,& FL-150 need to be filed legally, and have a case number to be valid?

Los Angeles, CA |

My parents divorced many years ago. My father was ordered to pay spousal support for life to my mother. My mother recieved a certified letter containing both forms. There is no case name/number, and it says to mail the info requested directly to his house. Is this legitiment and does she even need to respond?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your father has a right, under Family Code Section 3664 to have your mother disclose her current income and expenses while she is receiving spousal support from your father. She must respond and fill out this form and send it to your father within 30 days of receiving it.


I agree with counsel. If you need help with the forms please feel free to contact me. Good luck.


Attorney Benton is correct. If your mother is concerned about providing information, she should consult with a local family law attorney for fact specific guidance for her situation.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer