Do domestic incident reports appear on a record or background check?

Brooklyn, NY |

My husband and I recently got into a heated argument and because he pushed me, I ended up calling the police. They filled out a domestic incident report and labeled it a violation. They asked me if I wanted him out of the house for the night, and I responded yes. They escorted him out, and he went to stay with family. This was all in a moment of anger and confusion, and I hope that this will not appear on his record - especially since there was no arrest. Would this appear on his record? Would this appear on a background check, and ruin his chances of getting a job and completing the citizenship process?

No.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.