Skip to main content

Do diplomatic dependents on A-1 visa qualify as "special immigrants"?

Washington, DC |

I've lived in the US for over 7 years (still in status with my visa renewed for another 2 years last month). I'm currently enrolled in Grad school and would like to know the possibility of adjusting status to EB-4 visa while in the states. I understand this category is mostly used by religious workers, but I came across this information on the internet and would appreciate legal clarification. Thanks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3



Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


No they do not, unless the spouse was or has been battered by the spouse

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.