Skip to main content

Divorced 3 yrs. Marital property paid in full. Is it possible to quit claim to son with stipulation of owner financing?

Jacksonville, FL |

After divorce my marital property was placed on the market. It has not sold. We would like to sell to our son but he has no credit. Property does not qualify for conventional loan. Considering owner financing but my ex has since defaulted on creditors and am fearing a lien on property. Is it possible to quit cliam to our son with stipulation of owner financing terms?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If the two of you agree, the short answer is yes, depending on the terms of the Final Judgment.


I agree with the previous answer, but I would definitely consult with a real estate attorney as well to make certain that the documents are properly drawn to accomplish your goals.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer