Skip to main content

Divorce settlement modification

Plymouth, NH |

At time of my divorce I was a stay at home father for a period of 5 yrs. My ex wife had chose to further her career in nursing.Hence me becoming a stay at home dad. during that time she obtained 2 degrees and went from an RN to A nurse mgr making substantially more money. At that point she sought a divorce. we had a home on 2 acres and were living very comfortably. I left with the clothes on my back, and was without council at the time of my divorce. Is there any relief that can be sought at this point? I was married in MA but divorced in NH...I now live in Orlando FL

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to provide more information. It depends on the terms of the settlement agreement or judgment and the circumstances surrounding it being entered into.

Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California and may be reached at (831) 233-3558 and offers free consultations. The response provided in this forum is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information offered in this response is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without further consultation with a legal professional after all relevant facts are disclosed and considered. DANIEL S. WILLIAMS, ESQ. LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL S. WILLIAMS 500 LIGHTHOUSE AVENUE, STE. A MONTEREY, CA 93940 (831) 233-3558 -- OFFICE (831) 233-3560 -- FAX



Im not sure what information you need? I was without council. I was a stay at home dad for 5 yrs at the time of my irreconcilable difference was the the grounds for that divorce. we had a home. I got zero.


What was written in your divorce agreement re: future (not past or present) alimony? How long were you married? Who has the children now? These are questions to help any attorney determine whether you have some options to go back in court given some change in circumstances (ie. your former wife's increased earnings). Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer